Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Closing out 2010 - Planning 2011

CLEARLY... I have an addiction!  Anything that can enhance, alter, manipulate, complete a project using cloth or paper or a combination of the two is like a giant, powerful magnet!  Try as I may, I cannot escape the pulling and tugging & all the ideas that take flight in my head!

Each time I go through all of my rubber stamps, I vow it is the LAST time to buy a stamp, any stamp, ever, ever, ever... then I go shopping for something totally unrelated and glance down the stamp aisle to spot a 40% off sale!  As hard as I fight the urge, I find myself 'just looking'... then 'just touching', then justifying why just one more stamp will complete the collection of items I need for the next quilt, wall hanging, canvas, cloth doll, journal, inchie, postcard, letter or card, tote bag, jacket or sweatshirt.... those darn new clear stamps are just too yummy to pass up - especially when they are on sale!

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPEN..... EVER???

To add to the collection I have had for years, I have discovered black gesso! Oh my... what a wonderful addition to any artist's toy box!  Don't go there... if you have any of the weakness that I have described... don't go near the acrylics, gessos, gels... forget you ever heard of that section of anyplace you shop...

I have added fresh paint brushes, new white gesso, gel medium and a brand new black gesso, some clear stamps, a couple of fresh stamp pads (StaZon is a wonderful 'find' for permanent ink projects) to my studio. 

Michaels has a great package deal on some nice sized canvases right now, so I added a few to my stock...  I won't need much fabric and I need absolutely no new thread... I look forward to dabbling in a lot of mixed media during the year ahead while trying to use up a huge stockpile of beautiful fabrics.  I will finish several quilt tops sometime early in the year and begin new ones.  I will dye more fabric and have already purchased a full bolt of black Kona to discharge with bleach and the sun come warmer weather.  I'm more confident about using the  Shiva Paintsticks & all the beautiful Setacolors and acrylics I have accumulated...

I don't know what is in store for 2011 but I plan to find more quiet time for the Creator and for creating... the two go hand in hand for me... I pray that family & friends will surround me throughout the year ahead  that I may offer a gift to each of them in some small way... by something I say, make, teach or share.

May the year ahead bring great joy and blessing for each and everyone who reads this blog.  Travel some of this journey with me as I try harder to post more of the things that stir the creativity within me... share with me all that you are learning & trying in your art journey...

As you move forward... have fun - enjoy the journey!

No comments: